Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Werewolf/Mafia

Werewolf/Mafia
I have been playing this game on the FTB forums and it seems to me to have a very mind-bending feel. The basics can be found here. The reason I believe this game is very psychological is because of the intense deception involved in playing it correctly. This is especially evident in the forum version because you cannot tell whether or not a person is lying by their tone of voice and people can quote others even if they didn't say it. Due to the intense deception it is very important to pick up patterns in peoples speech so you can distinguish if something is real or not. While playing this game I have found that alliances are formed quicker than I would expect. I believe this is because people want to have something concrete they can use throughout the game. There are many strategies you can use in werewolf, but I will not tell you mine because I want to continue to play :P. I do know that a very common wolf strategy is to convince people you are the seer and proceed to wipe out everyone. However, this is easily countered if people play in a smart manner because if Person A says they are a seer and to kill Person B and Person B is found innocent Person A is clearly guilty. As you can see from that extremely simple strategy this game can get very complex. Sometimes when playing the game moves as slow as a snail because people are scared to vote and lose their innocence. These games are then mixed up by a death that proves someone was innocent and they were also saying someone else was guilty. This can result in extreme bandwagons; this can either kill a team or give it victory. So those are my thoughts about werewolf. Again hash it out in the comments if you would like.

No comments:

Post a Comment